1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding effects control to Homeassistant

Discussion in 'Hyperion Extensions' started by megamorphf, 24 July 2017.

1. megamorphf

megamorphf New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I spent most of the weekend installing/configuring Home-assistant (HA). I fairly sure you saved me a day or two of reading and associated hair pulling.

Thanks!

3. megamorphf

megamorphf New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    If you need any help contact me personally or in the comments of the post. I highly recommend you to checkout my HA configuration it can be found in GitHub and is linked in blog post mentioned.

4. matchmee

matchmee New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey there- curious as to what version of software you have installed on the PI running hyperion? I can get the remote function to work and it looks like they took that feature out of openElec 8 or something like that. When I ssh in to my hyperion pi I get the following from running the remote script:

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # hyperion-remote -e "Knight rider"
    -sh: hyperion-remote: not found

5. megamorphf

megamorphf New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I am running hyperion on my OSMC Kodi distro. I have installed the script using the official hyperion intsallation script. Anyways you are using the wrong command for the purpose.

1. determine the hyperion executable: which hyperion-remote
    2. using this path you can call your executable e.g.: /blah/blah/hyperion-remote -e "Knight rider"

If you still get the sh: hyperion-remote: not found you can always use command: locate hyperion-remote this command will search your entire file system for executable file called 'hyperion-remote'
    Then use the output path to call this command.