1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpha Android Screen Grabber

Discussion in 'Development' started by abrenoch, 16 February 2018.

1. Joe23

Joe23 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    just tested this app. normally just used the kodi add on.

is there a way to set it up it only shows leds if something is playing in the background? like the addon?

this way i have the leds on even if im just in the menu

the rest works like a charm on my shield

2. astertz

astertz New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Does Netflix and Amazon still not work?
    Is there any kind of workaround available?

3. AlexBar

AlexBar New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    Any change to make it working on zidoo build-in mediaplayer? Ambilight with 3rd party players and Kodi (ZDMC) works fine on the exact same files. Any workarounds with root?

4. ameel

ameel New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
  5. ameel

ameel New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    Hello. I also have a Sony Android TV. I installed Kodi and the netflix plugin. I disabled the 2 'hardware acceleration' settings, but this is preventing even 1080p video from playing from netflix (there is sound, but no image). Can you tell me how you configured kodi please?

6. ameel

ameel New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    Tested this, but unfortunately the video stream itself is black whereas everything else is visible (menu, subtitles, etc)

7. ameel

ameel New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    Hi all,

So I managed to get Netflix and Amazon Prime to work through a convoluted way, as follows (on up to Android 8. This will not work on Android 9)

1. Download the following Android apks on your android device/tv:
    a. VirtualXposed (https://vxposed.com/)
    b. Netflix
    c. Amazon Prime Video

2. Install VirtualXposed
    3. In VirtualXposed, install Netflix and Prime Video. Make sure you grant permissions.
    4. In VirtualXposed, launch Xposed Installer.
    5. In Xposed Installer, go to 'Download' and search for "BlockSecureFlag". Go to versions, download and install latest version. Go to 'Modules' in Xposed Installer settings, and tick 'BlackSecureFlag'.
    6. Launch BlockSecureFlag from VirtualXposed. Tick both Netflix and Prime Video, and click on the save icon.
    7. Go back to VirtualXposed, go to settings menu and select reboot.
    8. Launch either Netflix or Prime Videos and profit $$$

edit:
    The android screen grabber works with Netflix App for phone but not Netflix App for TV.

Last edited: 24 April 2019