1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Screen after enabling Hyperion

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by emc2, 3 November 2017.

1. emc2

emc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hello,
    I am using hyperion since 2 years on a Raspberry Pi (first Pi2 then since 3 month on a Pi3) with Libreelec without any problems. But since the new version of Libreelec (8.2.0.1) and an update on Hypercon/Hyperion I am getting (sometimes) a black screen on enabling hyperion and the TV shows "No Signal". On disabling hyperion the picture comes back.
    The sound plays, so the movie/TV plays and even the hyperion backlight shows the colors, but I can't se the picture.
    I am using the internal grabber, Config files are appended.

I wrote "sometimes" because it's not always and that is very strange. I thougt maybe it depends on the TV channel (HD or SD), but it don't. Sometimes the cahnnel works and sometimes not. But in most cases not.

What can cause this?!
    Thanks for help!

Attached Files:

2. emc2

emc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Just a little update: I reverted Back to Libreelec 8.1.2 Beta and now the "Bug" is gone. Maybe there was something wrong with the update or they changed something in the code that has some influence on the internal grabber?!
    Changelog on libreelec says that they changed something wit HEVC Playback, maybe this is related?
    Fill changelog here: https://libreelec.tv/2017/10/libreelec-krypton-8-2-0-release/

3. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    yeah, i've seen that too...maybe, but only way is to test it :)

4. emc2

emc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    As I said I recerted back to 8.1.2, but sometimes the blackscreen appears even there, maybe because downgrading libreelec is not the best way or the black screen was also before on that version... Hope it will be fixed soon.

5. emc2

emc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    -double post-

6. emc2

emc2 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    On LibreElec 8.2.1 i's still the same issue. Black screen after enabling hyperion. So I am back to 8.1.2, but I won't stay on that version forever ;-)
    Is there any fix to try on hyperion? Thanks!

7. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    yeah, will deleted all the kodi checker stuff in hyperion.ng...it was too buggy...think brindosch said it will come again as a own plugin/extension....BUT we DONT have any developers...if the community is interessted on this, they can help us :)