1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + OpenELEC Flickering LEDs only with external grabber / Videos attatched

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Manuel, 19 October 2018.

1. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hmmm..

If possible, try attaching a computer monitor to the splitter (with tv attached) to see the image it's passing along to the converter.

If its clear, then I would suspect the hdmi2av converter.

Might be able to test the hdmi2av converter (and grabber) with something else that output's video with hdmi. A dvd player or a laptop with hdmi out, even a desktop computer.

Could test the usb grabber with something that output to rca style connectors. A dvd player or camcorder maybe.

2. Manuel

Manuel New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    The splitter is definitely not responsible for the interference - because I already did plug in the external HDMI device directly to the Converter and the problem stays the same. Or what do you mean here? My english is good, but not perfect haha :)

I tested other HDMI devices - the problem is still there.

I am already trying to find a device which has a video output. So that I can plug in this device directly to the grabber (after that I can see if the problem comes from the converter or not)

EDIT1:
    Okay, I did take an old Pi 1 (has a composite video slot) and connected it directly to the grabber (without converter and splitter). Unfortunately the problem stays the same, but the colorful lines are gone. See attatched picture of the grabber (on the old Pi 1 I also have installed Libreelec)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 9 November 2018
  3. Schimmi

Schimmi New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey, i have the same problem with my setup. I've got the APA102 but the problem is exactly the same. I already tried to switch out every part to see if one of them is causing the issue, but the problem still persists. My setup also worked flawlessly until a power outage a few months ago, after they fixed the power outage the problem started. An interesting fact is, that the flickering changes with the set frequency (e.g. high frequency = fast flickering and low frequency = slow flickering). Also i use double shielded cables for data and clock... so that's that.

4. Akriss

Akriss Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    All of the ground wires are tied together, correct?
    A loose ground wire can cause similar reactions.

And with that, I'm out of ideas on a remedy.
    Sorry. :(. .