1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Hypercon display issue - not usable

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Kell, 18 August 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kell

Kell New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey guys,

i recently downloaded hyperCon and wanted to set everything up but unfortunatly i cant use hypercon. When i move my move over the UI it change into a big mess.

here is some video footage of the issue:

I have java 8 and windows 8 64-bit. Does anybody of you has this kind of issue or does someone knows how to fix it?
    If i download hypercon on my girlfriends notebook with windows 10 i have no probs. It has something to do with my pc but what?
    Maybe someone have hints for solving this issue? Did i missed maybe something?

2. cocrea

cocrea New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Try updating drivers for your graphics card. and do a fresh install of java.

3. Kell

Kell New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey, thanks for reply. Had the same idea with graphic drivers but no change. i will try reinstalling java.

edit: removed java and reinstalled it. The Problem still exists. :( Now its starts after few seconds. The first 4-7 seconds i can use hypercon but then everything get messed up again

Last edited: 18 August 2016
  4. siz

siz New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hey, Java is rendering in Direct3D which is causing the bug. It can be fixed by creating a new Environment Variable called J2D_D3D and setting the value to false :)

On Windows 7 -> Right click My Computer -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables.. -> Create

Worked for me, hope it helps :D

• Thank you Thank you x 1
  5. Kell

Kell New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hey @siz it really fixed it.
    Thanks for the help!

6. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino
    i had the same, i redownloaded the latest hyperion and it looks solved now, i believe nvidia also updated last, but i think it wasnt that

btw did you use multimonitor setup?

7. Kell

Kell New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    hey @iiidefconiii yeah its solved. the J2D_D3D java envoirement variable solved it.
    But yeah i use two monitors.

8. iiidefconiii

iiidefconiii Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +Arduino
    had the same bug again today, J2D_D3D java envoirement variable solved it.

Thank again!