1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Black background, White LEDS

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by TJ Rob, 22 November 2020.

1. TJ Rob

TJ Rob New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    When there is nothing on the screen or a black background the LEDs are white. They never cut off in these instances even when there is no signal.

2. Martin Lev

Martin Lev New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    I found it was outputting the raspberry I screen, via the LEDs.
    Look at the capture hardware settings, are you using USB? And also have platform capture active?

3. TJ Rob

TJ Rob New Member

Hardware:
    Yea I'm using USB, but turn off platform capture, as i'm only trying to get screen output of the USB signal coming in.

4. TJ Rob

TJ Rob New Member

Hardware:
    Anyone have any idea? The LEDs are working properly, just when I have a black background, the LEDs read it as white. I'm looking through my settings, and I have no idea what setting could be causing it.

5. Lord-Grey

Lord-Grey Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    Might be interesting for the community to get to know which LEDs you are using and how you configured them...

6. TJ Rob

TJ Rob New Member

Hardware:
    I have the WS2812B. They are attached the a Arduino Mega with the file that gets posted on here frequently (adalight). It's 600 LEDS. Running on a Raspberry pi 4.

I was hoping it was something within Image processing, but I don't think there's anything for blacks, as it would be the usual rgb(0,0,0). Whatever additional information needed, I can provide.

7. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Might wanna try and play with gamma values, mine are set to 2.5 otherwise I get whitish color on black

8. TJ Rob

TJ Rob New Member

Hardware:
    Yeeeeeeea problem solved. Thank you NeeeeB. I'll tweak these settings. Thank you!

9. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    You're welcome ;-)