1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + LibreELEC [HowTo] Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially)

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Paulchen-Panther, 19 March 2020.

1. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    G: Der Startpost wurde um eine neues Option (C) erweitert. Dies erlaubt lokale Release Dateien zu installieren. Nützlich um z.b. eine selbst kompilierte Version zu installieren.
    E: A new OPTION (C) has been added to the start post. This allows local release files to be installed. Useful to e.g. to install a self-compiled version.

Grüße/Greetings
    Paulchen Panther

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Last edited: 16 September 2020
  3. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    I just updated and it looks pretty good. I had random LED flashes in alpha 6 and this seems to be gone. I was hoping for the Color Calibration tool to work but it still does not for me. Anything else is working fine.

BR
    René

4. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    Update: Signal detection is not working for me in alpha8. This is a showstopper and I will go back to alpha6.

5. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    Could you walk me through on signal detection?
    I tried to use it, alpha6
    But i guess i just dont understand what does it do or should do, whats it for?

Thanks

(I have usb hdmi capture working)

6. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    You only need signal detection when using an HDMI to AV converter that outputs a blue screen to avoid having all LED´s in blue when switching off your devices. With your setup it´s probably not needed.

7. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    Well, when i turn off my android tv as hdmi source, hdmi capture sends the color bars. So i got white yellow cyan green red blue black vertical bars (when you get blue screen)

So i made a voice command
    To turn leddevice and usb capture off...

8. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    I had one of these rainbow test signal HDMI converters as well, but replaced it with the one that shows blue screen as it was easier to setup. However with the same settings it stopped working for me in alpha 8 and a voice command is not a proper solution for me. My wife already complains about too many voice commands that she cannot remember.

9. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    sure, i would rather use this signal detection solution too:) , but i dont know if it works with this colored bars or not, or how?
    or how can i change that to blue screen?

10. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    For the rainbow (colored bars) picture I´m not sure if it works. Best infos I found for this topic:

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/334
    https://hyperion-project.org/threads/v4l2-add-shutdown-detection.146/

The recently added parameters:

"signalDetectionVerticalOffsetMin" : 0.25,
    "signalDetectionHorizontalOffsetMin" : 0.25,
    "signalDetectionVerticalOffsetMax" : 0.75,
    "signalDetectionHorizontalOffsetMax" : 0.75

are not documented good enough.

As I understand it these are kind of coordinates that define where on the picture the signal detection should happen. That would give you the possibility to point to an area with a blue bar and use the treshold values as usual to have signal detection.
    So I guess it´s trial and error.

A better solution user experience wise would be to integrate that feature in the LED Visualisation. Here I could imagine that you directly point to an area (draw a frame) where the signal detection should be done and the determined parameters are saved in the USB Capture section.

As told in alpha 8 it doesn´t work at all so I don´t know if the signal detection is currently completely implemented. I went back to alpha6.

Regards
    René

11. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    Is it possible to upgrade from alpha 6 to 8 without loosing all the settings adjustments tweaking?

Without completely remove and reinstall hyperion?

Is hyperion.db compatible from alpha 6 with 8, so i just copy it back after removing 6 and reinstalling 8 ?

12. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    I was able to install alpha8 without removing anything. After reboot alpha 8 started with the correct settings from alpha6.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:

Just like this

wget -qO- https://git.io/JU4Zx | bash -s 2.0.0-alpha.8

While hyperion was up and running??

Maybe that caused the issue for you with the signal detection?

14. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    No that´s not causing the issues with Signal detection, because I also tried a fresh installation with new config and the behaviour was the same with Signal detection. Maybe it´s something else as I also realized that the start effect does not stop after 3 seconds it stays forever and I had to disable it. It might be an issue with automatic source switching.

Did anybod else try alpha 8 and can conform these issues? What would be the proper way to report those issues?

15. Lord-Grey

Lord-Grey Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    Could you share a debug log with us, please?

16. Lord-Grey

Lord-Grey Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi3, 32/64bit
    I assume you have APA102 and it is the following issue that the start effect does not stop:

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/1007

That has been fixed by PR1008.

17. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    @Lord-Grey @Paulchen-Panther

Any thoughts on the upgrade process? Just run the install script over an active running hyperion, so i could continue to use all my settings, or remove hyperion and after installation just copy back the db file?

Id like to give a try to 8 and see if it works like 6 or has issues like ,7, but only if i can keep all my settings.

18. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    Thx for the suggestion but I´m using WS2801. But the symptoms described in the PR fit to my problem as well. When I switch off then sometimes the LED´s turn off via Signal detection for 1 second and then they turn blue again. The funny thing I see the source USB is not active anymore in the Remote but the LED´s are blue.

I would like to help fix this so if I can provide anything helpful let me know. I would create a second SD card with alpha 8 to debug.

Regards
    René

19. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    You can also export your settings and import again. Thats also works for me with alpha 6 and 8. So you have plenty of options. However I would also like to know what is the proper way of doing an update.

René

20. Zoltán Varga

Zoltán Varga Member

Hardware:
    Thx René, i was doing this with 6to7 and import was not ok, also db copy was not ok, so i thought im gonna ask the developers opinion on this too :)

But thank you for your reply.

I dont know if they changed anything on db side, so the two version are compatible or not.