What I observed: - When a USB grabber is connected to the pi that is not recognized by hyperiond, it goes to 100% on one CPU core and the total memory is slowly eaten until no more is available. - If you wait long enough, something apparently restarts because the memory is freed and hyperiond goes to 0%. Then again to 100% and the memory is slowly eaten again. - During this process the pi gets more and more unresponsive. It doesn't matter if I use a screen and KB connected directly to the pi or if I SSH into it. - Also, when the unrecognized USB grabber is connected, the Hyperion configuration web page is unreachable. The weird thing is that this corrupts the software AND the SD card. No matter if I reboot, power down, remove the grabber, whatever, this erroneous behaviour persists. Furthermore, re-burning the Hyperbian image onto the SD card with Etcher fails. Only after I wipe the SD card with 0s I can re-burn the image onto the SD card. Then everything works as expected. I have witnessed this behaviour several times the past weeks, as I was trying to get my setup working. In total I have tried 4 different USB grabbers, 3 with analog input, 1 with HDMI input. Only the grabber with HDMI input I got working (after some struggling). It is the small cheap $10 USB stick from Aliexpress that registers as "UVC camera....". Note1: The grabbers are all recognized by Linux because they show up with lsusb. Note2: I have used two different pi's and the behaviour is the same. The last time I tested was tonight and I'm sure it was with Hyperbian alpha6. I'm not sure if alpha7 has this behaviour as well. I know I switched to alpha7 somewhere along the line the last couple of weeks, while working on my setup. If this is a real bug it must be driving many people crazy like it did me. So please tell me what you want me to show, test, whatever to help you guys find the issue. I could even send you the 3 analog grabbers if you think that helps.