1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X86/64 Hyperion NG on Windows and remote SPI

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by nash, 3 September 2020.

Tags:
  1. nash

nash New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit
    Hi team,

Thank you very much for your great project, it's amazing!
    I would like to install Hyperion NG on my Windows machine with the capture ez269 connected via USB 3.0.

My question here is, I'm using apa102 leds connected to my RPi 3 via SPI and I would like to send the signal to the Hyperion NG installed on my Windows machine, can I do that?

If not, maybe it's possible in an opposite way, send the capture data from ez269 connected to my Windows machine to the RPi 3 where I could install Hyperion NG.

The purpose of that, is avoid place an order of RPi 4 with USB 3.0 for ez269 and use the RPi 3 for SPI.

Thanks in advance!

2. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Just to clarify: that grabber works with USB 2.0 on Rpi3. USB bandwidth usage is minimal for MJPEG encoding....decoding on Hyperion.NG is another story.

3. nash

nash New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit
    So, from your point of view, the best way is replace the old analogic grabber by ezcap269 in my RPi3 even though it has USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 and continue with my Hyperion NG installation in RPi 3 directly, right?

Thanks! :)

4. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    I don't see any benefits for using Rpi4 beside a little better performance but it's enough just to get few frames per second, 1-2 more than Rpi3. Maybe it's better to talk @priv if you have other questions on this setup ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    Another surprise. It's seems that there is one more benefit for USB3.0: YUY2 encoding that provide much more quality and better performance. Unfortunately it's disabled when the device is connected to USB2.0 and MJPEG is enabled instead

So I think your question is still valid if you dont want to upgrade to Rpi4 and use Windows instead. But I dont know if there is a Windows grabber in Hyperion that enables capturing from the device. There is DX9 grabber in pull request but I think it's rather for screen capture. Meantime I've ordered Rpi4 :)

• Like Like x 1