1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HyperCon Raspberry Pi 3 B3 / Mega / 144LED/M LED not responding

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by al22xx, 26 March 2019.

1. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Hi all

I’m new in this space & really would appreciate your help!
    have been reading a lot of material on this TV Ambient lighting & tried everything but can’t get the LEDs to work & its driving me crazy

My setup Schematic attached also I’m using:
    Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
    5V WS2812B 5050 RGB 144LED/M LED Strip 2m x2 (basically using 548 LEDs & I’m ignoring the last 29 LEDs on the 2nd strip)
    Wireless 2560 R3 Mega2560 REV3 ATmega2560-16AU Board
    Library I tried both Neopixle & FASTLED

I don’t have a hardware issue as my Grabber works & I can see an image albeit I get top & bottom colours simulation but not my TV’s Left & Right (pls see Hyperion Grabber screenshot attached) - they just show grey on the laptop screen

I have also calibrated my LEDs & got GRB sequence which I updated my sketch with

I’m not using Kodi so left the Kodi Checker off in Hypercon & also internal Frame Grabber Disabled in the Grabber Tab
    I have tried a couple of Sketches attached & had no luck - I’m not sure if I have the Prefix right based on my 548 LEDs either, if anyone can confirm that would also be appreciated.
    The best result I got was the whole LED’s were lit Constant Green at one stage & I cant even get that anymore & they are off now so I get no lights at all - but at least I know they are working but not getting the correct signal

All I need is a working a Sketch & Hypercon Config please which I will tweak but need to know they already work for someone
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Alistair

Attached Files:

2. NeeeeB

NeeeeB New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    your hyperion.config.json shows 552 Leds where your Sketch shows 548...Maybe you could try and fix this for a start.

3. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
  4. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Hi both
    @TPmodding - thx for the link, I modified it with my settings as much I could understand but still no response (pls see attached the sketch)
    Also Yes I'm sure its /dev/ttyUSB0 pls see attached screenshot - I also used ACM0 & AMA0 but neither responded

@NeeeeB - I have originally ticked the 4 corner LEDs were my strip was slightly bent - but after deselecting it is now showing 548

Any advice would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

5. TPmodding

Hardware:
    you have "rate" : 500000, in your hyperion config and #define serialRate 460800 on your arduino...those have to be same!

try both with 115200

6. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Hi TPmodding
    I have tried it with both 500000 & your recommended 115200 & nothing happened
    but this is what happened:
    I uploaded the sketch & the HyperCon & uploaded them
    The LEDs all came on test sequence white, Blue & then Red & then went off
    No response again until I took out the GRD on the Mega, when I did that, some random LEDs came on the top & bottom of the TV only & they were fixed colours (see photo)
    One other thing I dont know if you have noticed from my HyperCon screenshot - on the left & right of TV is grey & not picking up colours but I was leaveing that for fine tuning after I got it working but they may be related, not sure
    Really appreciate your help again & my next step
    Thanks again!

Attached Files:

7. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    One other thing as you know the .json file gets uploaded to Pi & the local Config Path is set in the tabs
    I have an issue every time I save my HyperCon data & config & then if I restart the jar file & load my dat file, it still reverts back to old values with exception of LED numbers, I have to configure it again
    So I'm wondering if the .json file is picked up to upload to Pi then it may keep transferring the old value again as opposed to what I see on the tabs? - just a thought

8. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    No pls ignore my last comment I just opened the json file on Pi & it had the correct setting Baudrate etc.
    so still await your suggestions please
    many thanks

9. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    If anyone can help with this I really appreciate it I have attached screenshots above
    Many thanks

10. TPmodding

Hardware:
    Just chill bruh...we have also jobs and other things to do...

Do you have some rest stripes with a few leds... ? Maybe the amount of leds is too much...it would be easier for us if we try it with a few leds, and if this works, then with your setup

11. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    So sorry bruh...I was just hoping to sort it out for the wkend & I 've been at it for 2 weeks now so I really really appreciate your help! pls respond in your own time.
    I did what you said & reduced the number of LEDs - I have 2x 2m LED strip with 144LEDs/m so I disconnected one & am only using 1 of them
    so I reduced the total LEDs to 288 pls see attached new config - I also updated the Mega with the total count of 288 but again nothing to my disappointment
    Also when I disconnected the GRD from Mega the lights came on half way (1m) with fixed light on, random colour & no movement with the image :-(
    What else can I try please?

Attached Files:

12. TPmodding

Hardware:
    what happens if you send a fixed color to your stripe? does this works?

13. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    appreciate your quick response TPmodding
    I guess by sending a fixed color you mean the settings in the screenshot attached?
    I chose the Colorwheel & sent the Config - I even started & stopped the service, saved the config & sent the config again & received the attached SSH response (maybe that can give a clue) - but no light came on at all - so no, I guess I cant even send a fixed color with 288 LEDs,
    I have uploaded my config files, so what do reckon is the issue?

Attached Files:

14. TPmodding

Hardware:
  15. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Thanks so much for your feedback I tried it again & no luck
    I also removed & reinstalled the Hypercon & checked the config file was updated properly
    I updated the sketch with my parameters see attached - connected the data cable to pin 51 of Mega & then connected the GRD
    Still using 288 LEDs - LEDs came on test sequence Red, Blue, Green & it all went off again
    I tried sending a fixed colour by selecting Colourwheel & Auto update & pressed send Config again but nothing no light at all
    if you can think of next steps I really appreciate it & sorry for taking so much of your time

Attached Files:

16. TPmodding

Hardware:
    can you remove the arduino and get the output from "ls /dev"
    and after attaching the arduino the output from "ls /dev"

17. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Thank you for your quick response TPmodding
    I went to the terminal on pi & did "ls /dev" with & without Mega connected & I guess you are looking for ttyusb0 which appears pls see attached screenshots
    now what can we do please?

Attached Files:

18. TPmodding

Hardware:
    ok quick question...you use windows and open the documents with the microst rtf right? cause ALL your files have a lot of garbish stuff...

19. al22xx

al22xx New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    I actually use textedit on Mac & it automatically saves it as RTF but so I can upload I change it to .txt I cant upload RTF or Word files as this site gives an error
    Whats your preference, what format do you want me to upload or what app do you want me to use? I will convert them all for you
    Can you read the attached any better its my log file incidently

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
  20. TPmodding

Hardware:
    ok no everything fine, i just thought that could be a problem if you save the files the same way on your pi...

i will dm you