1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED SK9822 no led output at all. Can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Hardware Support' started by vig1116, 13 January 2021.

1. vig1116

vig1116 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi guys. So, with the success of one TV up and running well with WS2812 leds, I decided to play some more with another tv. This time going to a SK9822 led strip. I cannot, for the life of me, get any leds to light up on the strip. I get 4.94 volts all the way through the strip to the very end of the line.

My setup: RasPi 3 B+, hyperion beta 9, 4k capture card. I have GPIO 10 (MOSI) connected to DI on the strip, and GPIO 11 (SCLK) connected to CI on the strip. SPI enabled, GPIO enabled at setup. I tried using APA102 controller, and SK9822 controller. I attached a screenshot of my controller settings. (could it be the baud rate that's the issue?). Thank you for any help you can give.

Attached Files:

2. vig1116

vig1116 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    also, do I need to change any settings (ports or other) if I'm using 2 RasPi w/hyperion on same network?

3. vig1116

vig1116 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    So, the roll of led strip was reeled up backwards so the exposed end was actually the rear, and the connectors were on the wrong ends as well. So I was actually connecting the wires to the end of the strip, not the beginning. Only took me about 5 hours to realize... F-in noob.... lol.

• Like Like x 2